Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Welcome!

Today is the day, I am on my way... Or at least am ready to share my blog. First, I want to say thank you for coming by or a visit! The blog world is new, but I have thought about starting one for a long time. My goal in writing this bloge has several components.1. I want to keep track of awesome ideas other people share and that I use in my own classroom in a way that I can come back to find it later with my own reflections.2. I wanted a venue to reflect upon best practices and collabrate with others in that process.3. I want to share ideas and strategies that I find to be very successful. I have used Daily 5 for the last couple of years in an upper grade class, and I know that there are many other people who want to start it but have concerns. This year, as I launch into our reading work, I plan to share the things that work.... or don't work. :)4. I am totally reworking my math block this year, and am sure that it should be an interesting ride. I hope that you will join me for the excitement, and possibly the tears! I have high hopes for my improved math journals, and common core task cards. 5. I have been teaching for 5 years, and I think that I have a lot of ideas to help new teachers, or teachers who need a change when it comes to classroom management. I am continually adjusting my management systems, but this has always been a strength for me. I will share templates, ideas, and resources in this blog. I hope that you will continue to come back and share your thoughts with me! A little about me:My name is Sara, and I teach 4th grade in North Carolina. I am starting at a new school this year, and am very excited about it! My new school is less than 5 minutes from my house. I see this as being both awesome, and terrifying! I have a wonderful relationship with my bed, and therefore, never want to leave it in the morning. ;) Thus, 5 minutes away will be fantastic! But, I will now be shopping in the same area as my students... could be dangerous! Any advice here would be greatly appreciated.I have worked with students of all levels, and backgrounds. My previous school was a Title 1 school. I am 29 years old. For stress relief, I run or swim. I am working towards the goal of running the Disney Princess Half Marathon next February. I am very ADHD, and can sometimes be very unfocused, but super fun! I like pretty, colorful things. I talk a lot.. But then, I kind of think that everyone who blogs must talk a lot because isnt this just another form of talking??? :PThanks for listening, I look forward to talking with you more! Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment