Monday, August 20, 2012

I don't think we are in Kansas anymore....

Ok, it is official.. I have landed in the teaching world of OZ. Today was our first day back as teachers, and it was totally different in so many ways.  It is not my intention to say that my former school was bad.  It is what it is, and it had a totally different set of circumstances.  Today was  a great first day, and I am excited about what is to come.  Tomorow I meet my kiddos and families for the first time.  I feel like I am so much farther ahead than usual at this point, and am just waiting for the shoe to drop on my head of what I am forgetting...  Do you ever feel that way?

Here are some things that are happening in the land of OZ:

1.  Our Data Manager is amazing, and just as OCD about things being done in a certain way as me.  She made us attendence binders with brightly colored cardstock pages that explain everything you could possibly need to know, including instructions for a sub so you don't ever have to worry about it.

2.  All of the papers that go home to parents were delivered today, including a checklist for parents to know what needs to be filled out and a color coded checklist for teachers that match the colors of the papers.

3.  PTO spent about 3 hours setting up for open house.  Including painting a mural on bulletin board paper,  and setting up 3 tables worth of information.

4.  Myclass this year is 23 students.  Of those 23, I only have 3 who did not pass their 3rd grade EOG.  Now, that doesn't mean this year will be easier because the focus is showing growth.  But, last year I think I only had 8 who started the year ON grade level!

No comments:

Post a Comment